PUBLIC RELATIONS AND MARKETING LEAD
Compass is a leading communications firm known for building strategic public relations, content marketing, and social media programs for some of the most innovative, fast-growth technology companies around. We’re in hyper-growth mode, and we’re looking for an established public relations specialist to join our team as an Account Executive.
We’re looking for folks who are passionate about storytelling, have experience writing and editing complex and technical stories, building relationships with influencers, as well as pitching trade and business media. The right candidate is fluent in the fundamental practice of public relations, can quickly write a bylined article or craft a targeted pitch, and is an experienced client relations manager who understands how to delight a client with proactive, high-quality ideas and results. Besides playing a leadership role in executing public relations programs and driving results for clients, the account executive will learn how to empower and lead an account team.
- 3+ years of direct communications, public relations, or marketing experience in an agency or start-up environment with fast-paced work experience
- A knowledgeable, passionate storyteller who loves to create authentic stories
- Experience conceiving and pitching targeted accounts to business and technology media with a track record of well-crafted media relations results
- Client management or client service experience with direct responsibility for regular client communications, counsel, and follow-through
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work concurrently across multiple, diverse projects; skilled at prioritizing workload and deliverables to meet client and team deadlines
- Proficient writing, editing, and content development expertise, including experience crafting bylines, blog posts, media pitches, newsletters, abstracts, executive bios, and briefing sheets
- Collaborative, team-oriented work style focused on putting team needs ahead of the individual to produce the best possible results
- Consistency in one’s work: self-starter with excellent quality standards, attention to detail, and a demonstrable history of commitment, accountability, and follow-through
- Passion for our work and dedication to independent, ongoing growth and development Entrepreneurial spirit and driveInterested? Sending a cover letter, resume, and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in working with the Compass Squad? Sending a cover letter, resume, and writing samples to email@example.com.