Compass Integrated Communications provides a unique opportunity to join an innovative boutique agency in rapid-growth mode. Our team is focused on ensuring the success of its B2B tech clients while encouraging a strong work-life balance, empowered by flexible hours and unlimited paid time off.
We are growing quickly and are looking to for a PR and marketing ace to join our team in the role of Account Manager. Compass Account Managers are go-getters, strive for excellence, consider their clients like family, and work diligently to exceed goals. The Account Manager works directly with a diverse portfolio of clients and actively manages client meetings, media outreach campaigns, content strategy and development, social media and inbound marketing campaigns, and more.
• Strong relationships – particularly with business, broadcast and influencer media, as well as the ability to assist staff to develop the same
• Identify and work with reporters and influencers to secure coverage on behalf of our clients
• Strong grasp and creative use of social media channels to support media and marketing efforts
• Experience measuring the ROI of communications activities
• Attention to detail
• The desire to succeed and move up within an organization
• Ability to support PR programs from kickoff through the achievement of specific goals
• Exceptional client and project management skills
• Provides client service support such as attending client calls and meetings, reviewing agendas and action items on deadline, and going above and beyond
• Ability to manage through periods of change or challenge
• Lead media training sessions with clients including developing key messages and all follow up from sessions
• Professional, articulate and timely client communication
• Write and edit award submissions, press releases, fact sheets, backgrounders, biographies, tour reports, briefing books, contributed articles, speaking or award opportunity abstracts, pitches, Q&As, company memoranda and general team correspondence; also responsible for some production and assembly through design applications, such as Canva, Piktochart, InDesign, Adobe, etc.
• Development of consistent, creative and successful pitches
• Write, edit and proofread communication materials such as blog posts, press releases, fact sheets, speaking abstracts and media pitches
• Strong research skills when it comes to all projects and creative brainstorms for clients and agency new business (i.e. Google is your friend!)
• Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in PR (agency experience preferred)
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (PR, Journalism, Business, English, Marketing)
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organization skills and the ability to adapt to new assignments, deadlines and conditions quickly and efficiently
• Ability to jump in on day one and say, “How can I help?”
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once
• Ability to effectively prioritize responsibilities based on impact, timelines, workflow and client goals
• Solid understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.)
• Ability to travel occasionally (approx. once a quarter for client event support and meetings)
• Unlimited vacation and flexible work schedule
• Subsidized cell phone
• Casual office culture and lots of opportunity for growth
• Great hotels and meals when traveling
• Health insurance stipend and retirement account matching
Send resume, three writing samples and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.